We Respect Your Privacy
The New Amsterdam Group BV places a high value on the trust and confidence our customers place in us. Today’s technology allows for broad and deep sharing of information, so it is important that we have put in place safeguards and policies to protect your information.
Collection of Information
We collect only the information we need to serve you and administer our business. We are committed to keeping your information confidential and we place strict limits and controls on the use and sharing of your information. We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of your information. We collect, retain and use client information to aid in providing you with suitable investment recommendations and high quality customer service.
“Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you and which we have in our possession or control. Examples of such information include your name, email address and telephone number.
Information that you provide to us
We will process personal information that you give to us including when you email us or contact us through various channels as follows:
- In connection with fundraising services: If you are a fund manager (or other fundraising/advisory) client of New Amsterdam, you may provide us with personal information when you became, or in connection with becoming or continuing to be a client of New Amsterdam. If you are a potential investor, you may provide us with personal information in connection with receiving information about our fundraisings.
- Recruitment application: if you apply for a role with us you may provide us with personal information including your CV, contact details and other details set out in your application.
Information we otherwise collect about you
We will also collect information about when you use our services or when we otherwise interact or correspond with you. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our website. We may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access the website, your IP address and your geographic location, the operating system and version, your browser type, the content you view and features you access on our website, the web pages and the search terms you enter on our website.
IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
How we use the information we collect
We may do the following with your personal information:
- Use it to provide fundraising and advisory services to our clients.
- Use it to engage in marketing and business development activity in relation to our fundraising and advisory services.
- Where you have applied for a position with us, to review and process your job application.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations that we have to discharge.
- Record and monitor your use of our website or our other online services for our business purposes which may include analysis of usage, measurement of site performance and generation of reports.
- Use it for our legitimate business interests, such as undertaking business research and analysis, managing the operation of our website and our business.
- Use it to look into any complaints or queries you may have.
Also, we may collate, process and share any statistics based on an aggregation of information held by us provided that any individual is not identified from the resulting analysis and the collation, processing and dissemination of such information is permitted by law.
Grounds for using your personal information
We rely on the following legal grounds to process your personal information, namely:
- Consent – we may (but usually do not) need your consent to use your personal information. You can withdraw your consent by contacting us (see below).
- Performance of a contract – we may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under a contract with you.
- Legitimate interest – we may use your personal information for our legitimate interests.
- Compliance with law or regulation – we may use your personal information as necessary to comply with applicable law/regulation.
We Place Strict Limits and Controls on the Use and Sharing of Your Information
We only share personal information with our international affiliates to the extent to reasonably fulfil your requests and our legitimate business objective. As a result, your personal information may be transferred to locations outside Europe as well as within it for the purposes described above. We will not share your information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Keeping your information and information security
How long we hold your personal information for will vary and will depend principally on:
- The purpose for which we are using your personal information – we will need to keep the information for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose.
- Legal obligations – laws or regulation may set a minimum period for which we have to keep your personal information.
- We will ensure that the personal information we hold is subject to appropriate security measures.
Your choices and rights
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you and you can exercise your rights by contacting us using the details set out below.
These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information which we hold about you.
- Please note that there may be circumstances in which we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of personal information.
- Requesting that we correct your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Requesting that we erase your personal information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your personal information but we are legally entitled to retain it.
- Objecting to and requesting that we restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict our processing of your personal information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request.
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
- Lodging a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
- We can, on request, tell you which data protection authority is relevant to the processing of your personal information.
How to contact us
If you would like further information on the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal information or the exercise of any of the rights listed above, please contact us. You can do this by writing to us at:
Gustav Mahlerplein 2
1082 MA Amsterdam